Like Me? Follow Me.
When it comes to utilising the powers of the blog I-COM has been leading the way, and in a number of blog posts we have explained how to use a blog in order to turn your site into a content driven, visitor and search engine magnet. Recently I gave a presentation at the Manchester Growth Show “Ten Reasons Businesses should Blog.” Since then I have received a number of emails from people who attended the show saying that they understand the value of the blog, they just don’t know what to write about!
So here are some ideas for you to start blogging about.
- Helpful how-to tips related to your product.
- Reviews of the products you sell.
- Reviews of products you don’t sell but your audience would appreciate; you never know this might create another route to market.
- Offer product tutorials, either for your product or others your customers use.
- Answer FAQs you get from your customers.
- What inspired you to take the jump into starting your business?
- Explain why you are so passionate about your business.
- Describe your customer service philosophy.
- Share a photo or video "walking tour" of your business.
- Share testimonials you get from your customers.
- Admit mistakes! If you've done something wrong in the course of building your business, share that information and explain how you dealt with it. People love learning from others' mistakes.
- What do you like about the current state of your industry?
- What do you wish you could change about the current state of your industry?
- What will the future of your industry be like and how should people prepare for it?
- Reveal a generally unknown secret in your industry.
- Which famous people have been associated with your industry lately?
- Debunk the top myths that are currently floating around about your industry.
- Offer a case study of how someone has successfully used your product or solved a common problem.
- The ten best online resources for people in your industry.
- Make a list of "must-have" free resources your audience will appreciate.
- Run a contest, offering a free product sample or service for the winner. Then ask them to comment about what they thought of it and make that its own blog post as well.
- Post weekly or monthly wrap-ups about what you accomplished with your business.
- Review other blogs related to your industry.
- Review an online magazine related to your industry.
- Review print publications related to your industry.
- Go to a trade fair or conference and then write reports about it.
- Take a stand on a controversial issue related to your industry.
- Identify the most prominent experts in your industry, explain why they're famous or important.
- Disagree with a well-known authority in your industry and list reasons why they're wrong.
- Post about the best things you've read online in the past week (related to your industry).
It’s important to remember, when you write for a business blog you have to provide VALUE to your readers. If you offer them useful, interesting information they will thank you for it -- and when the time comes for them to make a purchase, your site will be the first one they think of.
If you would like to know more about how to utilise Social Media to profit your business call 0844 704 4954 and book a free one hour consultation or look out for the I-COM Client and Guest Internet Marketing Summit. Notification of date, venue and time will be posted shortly.
In the meantime, happy blogging!