Like Me? Follow Me.
Earlier this year I graduated from The University of Leeds with an English Language and Literature degree. Before starting at I- COM, I spent my time completing a work placement in Marketing, and working at a golf club (where my tenuous claim to fame was serving Wayne Rooney!).
I realised I wanted to pursue a career in marketing, and so I was very happy to be offered a job at I-COM. I was completely new to the world SEO and it has been fun to learn about online marketing from everybody at I-COM.
In my first weeks, I have learnt about:
- Copywriting - Good content is just as important as high keyword volume and density. The quality of a website’s content needs to embody the brand, understand the user’s intent and ensure the keywords are placed appropriately.
- Meta Tags and Descriptions - Writing good meta tags that will bring a high volume traffic to a website. This has involved a lot of keyword research with Google Adwords and Insights.
- Uploading Site Content - I have been creating web pages and then uploading the relevant content. This has also furthered my knowledge of html coding, with some great help from the web developers at I-COM.
- Link Building - In my first week the SEO team attended the SAScon Manchester Mini Conference. This highlighted a number of interesting SEO tips, including the psychology of Link Building.
- Blogging and Social Media - Editing and optimizing blog posts. Working on social media has also confirmed to me the marketing power of sites like Twitter and Facebook.
Everyone at I-COM has made me feel very welcome, and I have received some valuable training in my first few weeks. I’m looking forward to the rest of my time here and growing further my knowledge of SEO.