Like Me? Follow Me.
- It’s really important to keep creating and uploading fresh data and feeds regularly. The search engines like to see new, up-to-date product data and will reward frequent uploading of new content with good rankings. Most of the feeds will expire after 30 days of submission.
- Include a keyword-rich product title and description. Only a few fields are required, however it's a good idea to try and fill all the fields and provide as much info as possible - just make sure you keep it grammatically correct or your customers may think it's spam.
- Image quality is often overlooked. This needs to be good in order to attain higher rankings. Search engines like to show quality images to the visitors. This will also improve the chances of a visitor buying your product.
- Make sure you have a product price as this is also considered as ranking factor, as search engines tend to prefer listings with lower (or lowest) prices.
- Product reviews play a massive part in rankings improvement. Getting a lot of positive reviews can work wonders for your website. Google collects reviews from a number of sources including Google Checkout.
Good luck with your product listings!