Like Me? Follow Me.
But one of the major factors affecting the Quality Score is the Click Through Rate (CTR) of a campaign. When my clients, those who actually run their own campaigns whilst we look after the organic listing development, ask me how they can improve Quality Score, here's what I say:
- Pause or Delete the ads and keywords with low CTR.
- Increase bids so as to attain top rankings and hence higher clicks. This will certainly balance out if you gain high Quality Score and relevant traffic.
- Write enticing and eye catching ads with strong calls to action. Include all your unique selling points and latest offers in your ad text.
- Use exact and phrase match keywords instead of broad match.
- Use geo-targeting and ad-scheduling effectively to show ads in the geographical locations where your niche customers are more likely to be found and show ads at the time of day when they are more likely to search.
- If possible, create a different campaign for content (display) network.
- Use negative keywords to pinpoint your ads to target relevant keywords only.
- Make adgroups with tighter keywords to ads matching.