Like Me? Follow Me.
If you are looking to generate more visitors to your blog, take a look at these simple ways to improve your content.
Keep Readers Hooked
The average visitor takes about 7 seconds to decide whether to stay on your page. This makes the first few lines of your blog vital to its success. A good way to capture your reader's attention is providing them with 'a hook' that will encourage them to read on.
- Be direct: Try not to create a distraction with a lengthy introduction. Instead, get straight to your subject and capture your reader from the outset.
- Ask a question: Questioning your reader is a good way of making an immediate connection and encouraging interaction.
- Be provocative: You may want to start with a line that will stimulate or surprise your visitors. This could be a fact or statement that will produce a reaction and provoke an interest.
Choosing Hot TopicsAlthough blogging is an effective way to promote the services of your business, it doesn't always have to be the subject of your posts. It is also a great opportunity to offer opinions on topical stories and industry news. Commenting on topical issues will boost your rankings, as well as providing your customers with a unique and interesting insight. If people find your blog useful or interesting they may even post it on social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
Encourage InteractionSome of the most successful company blogs are those that know how to interact with their customers. It's all about developing a relationship that will enhance the reputation of your brand and keep your readers returning.
Ways to generate blog comments:
- Know your audience: Research what stories your client base are discussing and offer your own take on it. This will ensure you write content that will gain comments.
- Start the conversation: Speak directly to your readers; ask them questions to find out what they think. If they leave you a comments, remember to always reply and show interest.
- Original content: Don't let your blog become generic. Make it stand out with original content that will capture the imagination of your customers.
Offer IncentivesFeaturing offers on your blog can build up a strong readership and maintain interest, especially for e-commerce businesses.
Ideas to incentivise your visitors:
- Blogger discount
- Exclusive promotional codes
- Blog competitions
For more information on improving your company blog, get in touch with the I-COM online marketing team on 0161 402 3170, or via email. Alternatively, you can contact us on our twitter @I_COM, where you will find more tips on all areas of online marketing.